An experienced and confident Executive Assistant to work for the Chairman of a company involved in global largescale medical conferences, delivery of medical education and news via specialist medical newspapers and medical device market research. This role is diverse and interesting and needs someone who is looking for an involved role.
Their nine Publishing titles cover the vascular, venous, cardiovascular, interventional, spinal, neuro and cardiac rhythm management fields, and are available to specialists as printed newspapers, websites, online education and social media channels. The company also organises a global vascular symposium and two smaller conferences.
The Executive Assistant is required to support the Chairman and the leadership team with secretarial and administrative support; facilitate the interaction between the Chairman (who is also the Chairman of the Executive Board of the conferences) and the Executive Boards of physicians; and provide database and administrative support to the Publishing division.
The company is based in Fulham and has excellent transport facilities.
Key responsibilities and tasks include:
- Supporting the company Chairman and ensuring that his schedule is managed in a time-efficient manner
- Managing the Chairman’s professional, social and personal agenda
- Providing administrative and secretarial support for academic and research projects
- Making travel arrangements, booking flights and hotels
- Producing detailed travel itineraries and schedules
- Audio-typing emails, correspondence and documents
- Maintaining an organised electronic and hardcopy filing system
- Creating and editing PowerPoint presentations
- Facilitating communications between the Chairman and the Executive Board to develop the programme for the company’s conferences
- Assisting the conference programme management team to prepare, collate and update the programme for the company’s conferences
- Organising conference calls and video conferences across different time zones
- Liaise with Editors, Business Development Managers and the Content Director to create print and dispatch orders for 4 printed newspapers
- Input new entries on the contact database as required
- Support the Education (Conferences) team as required
- Previous PA experience is desirable, ideally with an academic background
- Fast and accurate audio-typing skills
- Excellent IT skills across the Microsoft Office package (email, word processing, databases, PowerPoint and the Internet)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience of organising travel and accommodation and producing detailed travel itineraries and schedules
- A flexible attitude to work, including the ability to take on new tasks when required
- Calm with the ability to work well under pressure
Interviewing July 2020