We are interviewing immediately for a Finance Administrator to work initially for 3 months on a temporary basis, with the opportunity of continuing on a 6 months contract working in the Accommodation Department of a Higher Education establishment based in High Holborn.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing Accommodation Services financial administration and assist with its annual revenue and debt targets
- Assist the Finance Manager in reviewing monthly management accounts in order to ensure accurate and timely reporting of results
- Solving financial problems relating to student rent queries with the most appropriate course of action in accordance with the Universities policies and procedures (Financial Regulations)
- Ensuring financial systems run smoothly, including all allocations take place daily. Running weekly rent revenue, charges and debt reports. Running monthly and end of year routines such as updating Kx reports, Excel reports, RCP and WPM reports along with the maintenance of journals and banking.
- First point of contact to students and giving support relating to halls of residence, payments, invoices and outstanding debts
- Taking parting in regular team meetings – contributing to Agenda , taking minutes if required
- You maybe asked to assist in other areas of work in order to maintain required levels of service during Arrivals weekends and Welcome Events.
The ideal candidates will have the following attributes and skills:
- Relevant experience in student liaison
- Previous knowledge of student Accommodation desirable
- Proficient in Excel spreadsheets, MsOffice suite, Outlook, social media platforms and Powerpoint (presentations skills), Project Management software, Kinetix Solutions. WPM and Agresso Business World, SITS and SAMS
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to be a strong team player
- Ability to do bank card payments
- Excellent customer service skills