This policy (together with other documents referred to herein) describes what personal information we collect from you and how we process your personal information when using our web site and Ashley Stewart services.
For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation (including and not limited to the General Protection (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR), the company responsible for your data Ashley Stewart Ltd (“Ashley Stewart”), “we” or “us”); is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and personal data.
This statement set out below:
- Information Collection and Use (Candidate Data/Clients Data/Suppliers Data/Reference Data)
- How your personal information is used
- What the Data Protection Law states about this
- Special Categories of Personal Data
- How long do you keep the personal information?
- Sharing with third parties
- Personal information – where is it stored and processed?
- Do we transfer your data outside the European Union?
- Security of Data
- Access to Correct, Amend and Delete Personal Data
- Changes to the Policy
- Marketing communication
Information Collection and Use:
A. Candidates Data:
We will collect a variety of information to assist a candidate find the relevant employment – some or all of the information listed below maybe collected (depending on the relevant circumstances and applicable local laws and requirements) to enable us to offer you suitable roles. In some jurisdictions, we are restricted from processing some of the data outlined. In such cases, we will not process the data in those jurisdictions.
Name, Date of Birth/copy of passport/identity card/visa details; Contact details; Educational details and qualifications; Employment History; Reference details; Eligibility to work (work permit/visa); Nationality; Bank Details (temporary workers – deleted when stop working with us); Information relating to job interests/jobs attended/interests & any extra information related to us by candidate with regard to job search; information related by clients/Referees or third party sources/job sites;/recommendation; IP addresses; history of dates/times relating to working with Ashley Stewart.
B. Clients Data:
Ashley Stewart ltd is the sole owner of the information collected from the site. We will not sell, share or rent this information to others. Ashley Stewart Ltd collects information regarding traffic data (statistics only) – We collect information regarding responding to a to filling a suitable position – this information is at sole discretion regarding personal information offered. Fields we may request include but not limited to – First name, last name, company name, job title, business email address, telephone number, number of employees in the UK & Ireland, Job function, type of industry/business, address of location, staffing requirements and salary expectations.
We send out personal information to send you direct marketing via email and other communication means when you opt-in for this purpose in the relevant contact form. You may opt-out of receiving future marketing communications at any time by emailing email@example.com
C. Suppliers Data:
Most of the data we hold for suppliers is regarding payment of invoices i.e. bank details, company name; address, telephone number; website/email details; personal contact names to ensure continued strong successful relationships with out suppliers.
D. Reference Data:
We ask candidates for Company names, contact name, email addresses to gain information of past employment records and confirmation of dates of employment and skill set.
How your personal information is used:
We collect and handle your personal information for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the services expected from Ashley Stewart Ltd
- To respond to your request or questions when you get in touch with us
- To provide information and resources requested and expected
- With your consent we can use your contact data for direct marketing to inform you of future services/events etc that might be of interest to you (we will communicate by email, telephone, text or other communication methods)
- To ensure that the information and content provided through our website is presented in the most effective manner to you and your device
- Where necessary to comply with any legal obligation; and
- We may also process your information:a. Investigate or respond to incidents and complaintsb. Comply with obligations and right and cooperate with investigations carried out by the police, government or regulators
What does the Data Protection Law states about this?
The use of your personal information is allowed by applicable data protection law because it is:
- Necessary for our legitimate interests in pursuing the purposes set out above, and such interests in each case not being overridden by your privacy interests;
- In some cases, necessary to meet our legal or regulatory responsibilities, such as disclosures to authorities, regulators or government bodies; or
- In some cases, necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest and. When we use special categories of personal information, necessary for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims or where the processing relates to personal information manifestly in the public domain:
- In limited circumstances, processed with your consent which we obtain from you from time to time, such as when you opt-in to receive marketing communications and news, via email and other communication means.
Special Categories of Personal Data:
Data Concerning Health:
It is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights of Ashley Stewart or the Candidate in the field of employment and social security and social protection law, insofar as it is authorised by EU or member state law or a collective agreement pursuant to member state law providing for adequate safeguards for the fundamental rights and interests of the Candidate.
Data Concerning health – for the purposes of compliance with Equality Act 2010, for compliance with statutory sick pay procedures, for compliance with Health and Safety legislation, for legal proceedings or to obtain legal advice in respect of prospective.
How long do you keep the personal information?
We will keep your information for as long as you wish to receive our communications and thereafter for the longer of the period required in order to meet our business, legal or regulatory responsibilities. This is typically for a 2 year period. You have the right to opt out at anytime (See Access to Correct, Amend and Delete Personal Data)
Sharing with a third parties
To effectively and efficiently utilise your information and to provide you with content and/or resources, or to fulfil a request you make us, we disclose your information to a third parties. However, this disclose will only occur in the following circumstances:
- To suppliers, contractor and agents: from time to time we may engage or employ companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include the hosting and/or maintaining the website content, or the provision of certain features contained on the website and the provision of market services.
- Such recipients will only have access to your personal information as required by them to perform their functions and are not permitted to use such personal information for any other purposes. These recipients will be subject to contractual confidentiality obligations.
- To government or law enforcement authorities if we determine in our sole discretion that we are under a legal obligation to do so.
Personal information – where is it stored and processed?
As explained in theSharing with Third parties– paragraph above we share your personal information with the following:
- Third party suppliers, contractors or agents: where we use a third party supplier, contractor or agent, your personal information remains under our control and we have controls in place to ensure your personal information is an adequate protected.
We aim to take all necessary steps to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance
Do we transfer your data outside the European Union?
Your personal information can be transferred and processed in one or more other countries, in or outside the European Union. We shall only transfer your data outside the EU to countries which the European Commission believes offers an adequate level of protection to you, or where Ashley Stewart has put in place appropriate safeguards to seek to preserve the privacy of your information
Security of Data:
Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, you should be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the website or any third party, for this reason, any transmission is at your own risk. We will use strict operational procedures and adequate, technical and organisational security measures to prevent any unauthorised access, change, deletion or transmission of this personal information.
Access to Correct, Amend and Delete Personal Data:
You have a right under data protection laws to:
- Access and obtain a copy of your Personal Data
You are entitled to request confirmation whether we process any of your personal data. Where this is the case, you may have access to your personal data and to certain information about how it is processed. In some cases, you can ask us to provide you with an electronic copy of your data.
- Correcting Personal Data
If you can demonstrate that personal data that we hold for you is incorrect, you can ask that this information is corrected or updated, Ashley Stewart will do so without hesitation or delay.
- Have information Deleted or Amended
According to circumstances, you have the right to have your personal data deleted. You may request at any time and Ashley Stewart will access the situation and if your request should be granted, evaluating legal rights or obligations we have to retain data. If, in accordance with the law we determine that your request to have your personal information deleted must be granted, Ashley Stewart will do so without hesitation or delay.
To exercise your rights, you can contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on your consent before the receipt of such a withdrawal.
You can also lodge a complaint about out processing of your personal data with Information Commissioners (ICO)www.ico.org.uk Ashley Stewart Ltd’s registration Number is: Z2649357
We will only send marketing communications to you via email or other communication means where you have consented that we may do so. Where we send out marketing to you via email, you may opt out of receiving further marketing communications by emailing back OPT OUT. You may opt out at anytime by contacting us at email@example.com – Providing the following information: your name; your email address; a contact telephone number; details of the marketing communication you would like to OPT OUT of receiving.